The Telecom industry is going through the phase of significant expansion and this industry is having the prospects to grow further by exploring new avenues of the business. This industry is also having stringent legal information security requirement that needs to be fulfilled across all the telecom operators.
Data services are one of the key drivers of the telecom industry owing to the increasing internet penetration among customer groups. M-Commerce is also considered as a grand opportunity for business expansion beyond the voice & data services. This industry has evolved and make the huge transformation to meet the ever changing customer requirements. Telecom sector needs to handle the sensitive customer information on the daily basis and also has to assure the customers that their information is in safe hands.
- Focus on information security risk management throughout the organization with a complex and distributed operational structure
- Understand and tackle the prevailing legal & regulatory requirements
- Make emphasis on information security covering telecom network, IT systems and equipment
- Considering the third party security as an integral part of the information security framework
- Devising the operations control framework to maintain the security and privacy of the susceptible information
- Fortify the internal organization security with the on-going challenging threats in operating the business
- Manage the internal organization security up to an extent that can enable the telecom operators to reduce the security risks arising from internal and external sources.
I has assisted the telecom sector to meet their information security requirements and compliance/regulatory mandates. My vast experience of working with internet service providers, mobile operators, VAS providers, telecom equipment manufacturers along with TRA (Telecom Regulatory Authority).