My mobile application security testing service provides in-depth security testing of mobile applications to conform with the high security standards. We test the application for technical, logical vulnerabilities and industry best practices to provide a detailed report with proof of concepts. Detailed remediation procedures are also included to the report to fix the issues.
I am specialized in performing both security testing of the client side mobile application and the server side software to identify the vulnerabilities.
Testing is performed on all the major mobile platforms including:
- Blackberry OS
- Windows Mobile
We follow time proven and industry standard mobile application security testing methodologies to be most efficient and thorough mobile security partner. Lone Ranger’s mobile application security testing covers all the issues highlight in “OWASP Mobile Top 10” and beyond:
- Insecure Data Storage
- Weak Server Side Controls
- Insufficient Transport Layer Protection
- Client Side Injection
- Poor Authorization and Authentication
- Improper Session Handling
- Security Decisions Via Untrusted Inputs
- Side Channel Data Leakage
- Broken Cryptography
- Sensitive Information Disclosure
- Unauthorized SMS and dialing
- And many more…
A detailed diagram on mobile application security testing can be referred as below:
- Identify design flaws and improve the security of your application.
- Determine if client software may be manipulated to provide unauthorized access.
- Identifies specific risks to the organization and provides detailed recommendations to mitigate them.
- Supports user confidence in application security.
- Helps prevent application downtime and improve productivity.
- Protect your organization’s information assets and reputation.
Mobile Application Security Testing Deliverable
1. Management Report:
A high-level executive summary report highlighting the key risk areas to help the leadership taking informed decisions
2. Technical Vulnerability Report:
A detailed report about security issues discovered, its impact, comprehensive remediation procedures along with online references.
3. Best Practices Document
Guidelines based on industry standards which can be used by the development teams.